Planning a wedding is expensive! What tips do you have for finding my wedding gown for a good deal?
This is a great question! At The Bridal Connection, we understand that planning a wedding is very expensive. The price of a brand new wedding gown can be hard to swallow for something that will only be worn once. We encourage brides to look a little farther, though, and consider the fact that your gown is what you will see in your wedding photos for the rest of your life. Here are some tips for you though, to help find your dress for less:
- Ask if the stock piece is available for purchase. If you find a gown in the shop that fits you and you like the color, chances are you will be able to buy the stock piece at a discount. While this may not always be true, especially for brand new gowns, it might save you a good percentage of the cost of a gown you love.
- Follow your favorite shop on social media. This will be the fastest way to hear about upcoming sales and specials in the shop.
- Ask to see the discontinued or damaged gowns. These gowns are often marked down at a very significant discount to help the shops recover their costs.
- Shop in plenty of time to allow for a gown to be made if you need to special order. A gown may be in your price range, but if you have to spend a couple hundred dollars to get it on time for your wedding it may increase your budget.
- Consider how “alteration-friendly” a gown is. Like the last tip, a gown may be in your price range but the alterations may be very costly. By finding a gown that is easily altered, you may be able to increase your budget slightly on the initial gown purchase.
- Follow your bridal salon on social media. This is the best way to keep up to date with the latest happenings in the shop, like gowns being moved to a “Discontinued” rack or possible sales.
It may be tempting to see if you can find a deal online on your perfect wedding gown, but we would like to encourage you to see if we can help you too. Click here to read about our thoughts on online gown ordering. We love helping brides of any budget find the perfect wedding gown. I hope this answers your question!
Do you have a question about wedding dress shopping? Send us an email and your question might be answered on the blog! Visit our Facebook page to keep up to date on the latest gowns in the shop!